Recipe by EmmyDuckie
These are impressive, but almost embarrassingly easy, Think of them as a little appetizer sized Caprese Salad. It makes a huge difference in this recipe if you use good cheese, oil, and vinegar. Adjust the oil and vinegar to your taste, measurements are not exact.
Top Review by cookiedog
These are divine. A taste of summer in every bite. This recipe is definitely going in the keeper file. I used heirloom cherry tomatoes and found that a small metal measuring spoon worked perfectly for scooping out the seeds. To keep them from rollin around, I cut a small piece off of the bottom of each tomato so they would stand up. Thank you Emmy! Made for ZWT 4 by a Jefe de la Cocina!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the stem ends off the tomatoes, and hollow them out with a small spoon.
- Cut mozzarella into small cubes.
- Wrap each cube of cheese in a leaf of basil, and stuff into a tomato.
- Drizzle tomatoes with oil and vinegar, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Try not to eat the whole tray before guests arrive.