- tomatoes (beefsteak kind)
- mozzarella cheese
- basil, chopped coarsely
- olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- vinegar (balsamic vinegar is really nice)
- red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes in thick slices, salt and pepper.
- Slice cheese also in similarly thick slices.
- Arrange tomatoes and cheese on a platter, alternating and overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle over all with oil, then vinegar and chopped basil.
- Let mature at room temperature for a few minutes to an hour before eating as an appetizer.