Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From taste of home. Submitted by Ellen Swenson. "Dark chocolate, coffee and cinnamon flavors make a tantalizing trio in these rich, smooth truffles."
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the water, coffee and 1 t. cinnamon; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Remove from the heat; whisk in the chocolate and butter until smooth. Stir in coffee mixture. Press plastic wrap onto surface. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and remaining cinnamon. Shape chocolate into 1 inch balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
I made these the other day, and they were a hit. I didn't have bittersweet chocolate, so I used half semi-sweet squares and half unsweetened squares. Rolling them in the cinnamon sugar is a must. Will make again