Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very easy, yet gives the impression that you fussed! A big hit at picnics, offices parties, or any old get together.
- 1 marble loaf cake (Entenmanns makes a perfect one)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brewed coffee (you may substitute decaf)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (4-1/2 cup serving size box)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Cube loaf cake and place 1/2 in the bottom of a 2qt serving dish.
- Beat coffee with the cream cheese using a wire whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add all of the milk.
- Add the cinnamon and pudding until well blended.
- Gently add the Cool Whip until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 this mixture on the 1/2 half of the cubed cake, then add the remaining cake topped with the remaining cappuccino mixture.
- Garnish with the chocolate shavings.
- Be sure to refrigerate before serving for a nice cool treat!
I've been making this recipe for years and everyone raves about it. I had to find a replacement for the marble loaf cake because they're not that easy to find. I've replaced it with chocolate angel food cake and it works just as well. a
Very tasty. I needed to make it totally dairy free, so I used Tofutti cream cheese, and soy milk, in lieu of regular cream cheese and milk. It was still tasty, but not as good as the dairy would be. I also used a pan of brownies instead of a marble loaf cake. It made a LOT of pudding/cream, and I really could have used more cake/brownies and/or a third item to layer. For those of us who love coffee and chocolate, it was just wonderful.
This was very good and easy. I did make one change...I used chocolate pudding instead of vanilla to give it a kind of mocha twist. I needed to use a mixer to blend the coffee into the cream cheese...a whisk just didn't cut it! I wasn't sure if the coffee was supposed to be hot or cold, so I used it slightly warm. Also, I was not sure if I should let the pudding mixture thicken up before folding in the Cool Whip, so I did let it sit for about 5 minutes. Thanks for an easy and unique trifle recipe!