Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 packages artificial sweetener
- 2 drops brandy or 2 drops rum flavoring
- 1 dash cinnamon
- In a blender, combine milk, coffee, sweetener and extract.
- Blend until coffee is dissolved.
- Serve with a dash of cinnamon.
- For a hot drink, pour into a mug and heat in a microwave.
I came across this recipe in my Dec/Jan 1994 Taste of Home magazine, and made this shake twice today, once with the brandy extract, and the other with the rum extract. I much prefered this made with the rum extract, it was much more flavorable, plus I added a 1/2 teaspoon, as the 2 drops just wasn't enough. Also, I made this using 2% milk, and I used 4 teasp of granulated sugar, plus I added 10 small ice cubes to thicken up the shake. With the modifications I made to the recipe, I give this recipe 5 stars, but if made as written, I probably would of given this recipe 2-3 stars. In all this was a very good beverage, and I look forward to making it again.