Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 envelopes instant cappuccino mix or 1⁄4 cup other instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a 9-inch square baking pan, and stir well.
- Add milk, oil, and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle over batter.
- Combine water and coffee mix, stirring to dissolve.
- Pour coffee mixture over batter; do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.