Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Eggnog meets cappuccino. Recipe from Betty C.
Top Review by Recipe Baroness
This yummy drink reminds me of a drinkable Tiramisu. If you like wonderful Italian desert you will love this nog! I have tried to photograph this for Lavender Lynn but fear that my Camera skills need to improve. As I will use this recipe again and again I will update the photo when I get better. In the mean time Make this recipe! You will love it!
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup espresso coffee, hot
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur or 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together eggs, sugar, and salt in heavy dutch oven.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook over low heat 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly, just until mixture coats spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir together coffee and liqueur.
- Gradually stir coffee mixture into egg mixture; keep warm.
- Just before serving, beat whipping cream and brown sugar in chilled large bowl with electric mixer on high until stiff.
- Gently stir 2 cups of whipping cream into egg mixture.
- Pour into mugs.
- Top with dollops of remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
- Immediately refrigerate any remaining nog.