Recipe by Debber
Breakfast will NEVER be the same once you've tried these little gems! Excellent as leftovers the next morning, too, with a dab of butter. The original recipe came from a Reiman publication (Taste of Home?), but I'm never happy leaving a recipe as-is, gotta do my own thing.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml instant coffee granules
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 88.74 ml flour
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml butter, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Paper or grease 15 muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first seven ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients in other bowl, just until moistened. Add cup of choc. chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4's full. Set aside.
- TOPPING: combine remaining dry ingredients, cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in cups.
- Bake at 375 for 24 minutes, check with a toothpick. Cool for 5 minutes.
- LEFTOVERS: Either reheat in the toaster oven or serve at room temperature Split in half and spread with butter & honey, alongside a cup of tea or cappuccino.