Recipe by Debber
Breakfast will NEVER be the same once you've tried these little gems! Excellent as leftovers the next morning, too, with a dab of butter. The original recipe came from a Reiman publication (Taste of Home?), but I'm never happy leaving a recipe as-is, gotta do my own thing.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Paper or grease 15 muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first seven ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients in other bowl, just until moistened. Add cup of choc. chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4's full. Set aside.
- TOPPING: combine remaining dry ingredients, cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in cups.
- Bake at 375 for 24 minutes, check with a toothpick. Cool for 5 minutes.
- LEFTOVERS: Either reheat in the toaster oven or serve at room temperature Split in half and spread with butter & honey, alongside a cup of tea or cappuccino.