Breakfast will NEVER be the same once you've tried these little gems! Excellent as leftovers the next morning, too, with a dab of butter. The original recipe came from a Reiman publication (Taste of Home?), but I'm never happy leaving a recipe as-is, gotta do my own thing.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375. Paper or grease 15 muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first seven ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients in other bowl, just until moistened. Add cup of choc. chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4's full. Set aside.
- TOPPING: combine remaining dry ingredients, cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in cups.
- Bake at 375 for 24 minutes, check with a toothpick. Cool for 5 minutes.
- LEFTOVERS: Either reheat in the toaster oven or serve at room temperature Split in half and spread with butter & honey, alongside a cup of tea or cappuccino.
Very good recipe. I made these into minni muffins with good results an baked for 12 minutes just about. Very good! Made for ZWT 3!
The house smelled so good while these were baking. My neighbor came over and stayed a while and visited.. (I think she smelt them from her house) and she thaught they were great and wanted the recipe. thank you