1/6 Photos of Cappuccino Muffins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
My kids have declared these "phenomenal!" The muffins are good in their own right but the spread gives them an incredible extra dimension. Please note, it is a cream cheese spread and not a sweet icing. The chocolate chips will not change form much. Perfect with a big, cold glass of milk or cup of coffee!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1In a food processor (or using a hand mixer), combine the spread ingredients, cover and process until well blended.
- 2Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3For the muffins: In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.
- 4Add butter, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- 5Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 6Fold in chocolate chips.
- 7Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 8Bake at 375°F for 17-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 9Serve with espresso spread.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 247.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g