Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Relatively easy and super yummy..
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190C and put papers into the muffin tin.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.
- Add oil, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened, fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 17-20 minutes.
These smelled wonderful straight out of the oven, but the taste didn't really deliver in intensity. Next time I think I'd double the amount of coffee and add a bit more cinnamon and sugar. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.