Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is such a simple dessert that is so elegant to serve to your special guests or for that special dinner for you and your mate.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ground cinnamon, garnish
- Freeze a metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add water and sprinkle gelatin over top.
- Let stand for 1 minutes.
- Cook on medium heat for about 1 minute or until gelatin dissolves.
- Add espresso powder, stirring constantly until espresso powder dissolves.
- Remove gelatin mixture from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and espresso mixture; stir until well blended.
- Remove mixing bowl and beaters from freezer.
- In chilled bowl, beat whipping cream untilshiff peaks form.
- Fold into espresso mixture.
- Spoon into cups; cover and chill.
- Serve with whip cream and sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
This dessert is sinfully good - and SO easy. The second time I made it, I added some melted chocolate for a slightly different take - it was delish both ways. Thank you for an elegant, tasty and yet, oh so easy, dessert.