Recipe by Audrey M
This is such a simple dessert that is so elegant to serve to your special guests or for that special dinner for you and your mate.
Top Review by Shazzie
This dessert is sinfully good - and SO easy. The second time I made it, I added some melted chocolate for a slightly different take - it was delish both ways. Thank you for an elegant, tasty and yet, oh so easy, dessert.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ground cinnamon, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze a metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add water and sprinkle gelatin over top.
- Let stand for 1 minutes.
- Cook on medium heat for about 1 minute or until gelatin dissolves.
- Add espresso powder, stirring constantly until espresso powder dissolves.
- Remove gelatin mixture from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and espresso mixture; stir until well blended.
- Remove mixing bowl and beaters from freezer.
- In chilled bowl, beat whipping cream untilshiff peaks form.
- Fold into espresso mixture.
- Spoon into cups; cover and chill.
- Serve with whip cream and sprinkle of cinnamon on top.