Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
These mousses are very impressive when served in glass cappuccino cups so you can see the two layers. Looks just like a cappuccino!
- 200 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup strong brewed espresso coffee
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- Make strong brewed espresso with a coffee machine, plunger or percolater.
- Set aside 1/4 cup to cool.
- Place chocolate and cooled coffee into a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Separate eggs.
- Place 2 eggwhites into one bowl and 1 eggwhite into another bowl.
- Stir the 3 eggyolks into the chocolate mixture.
- Using a clean electric beater, beat the 2 eggwhites to soft peaks.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Continue beating until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold in the whipped eggwhite mixture ubtil just combined.
- Spoon mousse into 6 x 1 cup glasses.
- Cover and refridgerate for 2 hours.
- Beat the remaining eggwhite to soft peaks.
- Add the remaining sugar, a little at a time, until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold eggwhite mixture into remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon over mousses.
- Dust with cocoa powder (you want it to look like a cappuccino) and serve.