Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a coffee-flavored version of Rice Krispie treats.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- In bowl, combine coffee granules, hot water, and vanilla and stir until coffee dissolves.
- Place marshmallows in a 2 quart glass measuring cup.
- Microwave 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted. Stir until smooth.
- Stir the coffee mixture into the melted marshmallows.
- Working quickly, add cereal to marshmallow mixture. Stir lightly to coat all the cereal.
- With a piece of wax paper, press mixture into a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let cool completely, about an hour, before cutting into bars.
I LOVE these! I am a big rice crispie treat fan, and these are in my opinion even better! Not to mention...fat free!
Excellant! if you love the flavor of coffee and the traditional rice krispie squares then you will love these. This is one of the recipe I chose for the recipe swap in the Australian/New Zealand Forum. I am going to attempt to submit a photo.