Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
A delicious cappuccino muffin with a chocolate surprise! They are best served within at least one day of baking. They get a little 'rubbery' after that. Also, the kiss pretty much sinks to the bottom so I think you could put the batter in the muffin tins and then push the kiss down into the center about halfway instead of having to add the batter in two steps.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 314.66 ml buttermilk
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 22.18 ml instant coffee granules
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 12 Hershey chocolate kisses
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, oil, coffee granules and vanilla until coffee granules are dissolved. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 2 Tbls. batter into greased muffin cups. Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 425°F for 16-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
These are wonderful I did not expect what I got. It was amazing that they are so good. Thank you thank you thank you.
It didn't have much coffee flavor, but they were really good. My kids even liked them! Thanks Marg.
WOWEEEEE were these AWESOME!!!! YUMMMYYYYYYY Nuff said except Thank you for posting this heavenly muffin recipe!!! Deb :)