Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
A delicious cappuccino muffin with a chocolate surprise! They are best served within at least one day of baking. They get a little 'rubbery' after that. Also, the kiss pretty much sinks to the bottom so I think you could put the batter in the muffin tins and then push the kiss down into the center about halfway instead of having to add the batter in two steps.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 Hershey chocolate kisses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, oil, coffee granules and vanilla until coffee granules are dissolved. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 2 Tbls. batter into greased muffin cups. Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 425°F for 16-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.