Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are lovely to add to a gift basket and they will ship well enough if it isn't going to take too long to get to the destination and they are carefully packed (they made the trip from Canada to Texas quite well). I didn't add the shortening to the chocolate and drizzled it on top in wide ribbons and sprinkled the nuts onto that before it set.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve the coffee in water in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the margarine and powdered sugar.
- Stir in the flour and 1/2 cup nuts, using your hands if necessary, until a stiff dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Shape each half into a ball.
- Pat each ball into a 6-inch round, about 1/2-inch thick, on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut each round into 16 wedges.
- Arrange the wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart with the pointed ends toward the center.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from the cookie sheet.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup pistachios in a small dish.
- Place the chocolate and shortening in a small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on medium power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until the mixture can be stirred smooth and is drizzling consistency.
- Dip one edge of each cookie into the chocolate, then into the nuts.
- . Place on waxed paper until the chocolate is firm.
lovely shortbread. I didn't get a photo since my friends daughter snagged them all while i slept leaving crumbs. :) she loved them too
These are great, I would have never thought of adding cappuccino mix to shortbread but it worked fine, these cookies were a little dry when handling, so I'm thinking mabey a tablespoon or two more of butter next time I make these, thanks for sharing Annacia!...Kitten