These are lovely to add to a gift basket and they will ship well enough if it isn't going to take too long to get to the destination and they are carefully packed (they made the trip from Canada to Texas quite well). I didn't add the shortening to the chocolate and drizzled it on top in wide ribbons and sprinkled the nuts onto that before it set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Dissolve the coffee in water in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir in the margarine and powdered sugar.
- 4Stir in the flour and 1/2 cup nuts, using your hands if necessary, until a stiff dough forms.
- 5Divide the dough in half.
- 6Shape each half into a ball.
- 7Pat each ball into a 6-inch round, about 1/2-inch thick, on a lightly floured surface.
- 8Cut each round into 16 wedges.
- 9Arrange the wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart with the pointed ends toward the center.
- 10Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 11Immediately remove from the cookie sheet.
- 12Cool completely on wire racks.
- 13Place the remaining 1/2 cup pistachios in a small dish.
- 14Place the chocolate and shortening in a small microwavable bowl.
- 15Microwave uncovered on medium power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until the mixture can be stirred smooth and is drizzling consistency.
- 16Dip one edge of each cookie into the chocolate, then into the nuts.
- 17. Place on waxed paper until the chocolate is firm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino-Hazelnut Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 31.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g