Recipe by little_wing
Someone around here, (I'm not naming names) got me hooked on granitas. This serves a lot, so you can claim more converts. They are yummy!
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a nice light, refreshing treat. It has a lovely mellow coffee flavor that I enjoyed very much. I garnished with chocolate and a cinnamon stick. Thanks for sharing little_wing. Made for ZWT4
- 4 cups freshly brewed extra strong coffee
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- semi-sweet chocolate shavings (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the coffee, sugar and cinnamon and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup of the cream and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and place in the freezer.
- Using a fork, scrape around the sides of the dish every 30 minutes to break up the ice crystals until all the liquid is completely frozen, about 3 hours.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
- (The granita can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and stored in the freezer.).
- Just before serving, using a handheld mixer, whip the remaining 1 cup cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Divide the granita among 8 coffee cups with saucers.
- Top each cup with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings.