1/2 Photos of Cappuccino Granita
3 hrs 10 mins
Someone around here, (I'm not naming names) got me hooked on granitas. This serves a lot, so you can claim more converts. They are yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the coffee, sugar and cinnamon and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2Whisk in 1/4 cup of the cream and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- 3Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and place in the freezer.
- 4Using a fork, scrape around the sides of the dish every 30 minutes to break up the ice crystals until all the liquid is completely frozen, about 3 hours.
- 5Cover tightly with plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
- 6(The granita can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and stored in the freezer.).
- 7Just before serving, using a handheld mixer, whip the remaining 1 cup cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- 8Divide the granita among 8 coffee cups with saucers.
- 9Top each cup with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Granita
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 16.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g