Recipe by Mrs. Cookie
This recipe came from the KitchenAid Great Baking and More cook book, my sister in law gave it to at Christmas, thanks Shannon for this recipe. These cupcakes were easy to make and I love the cappuccino flavor both in the cake and in the coffee cream, with a hint of cinnamon in the fudge sauce these are sure to make someones day, they did mine. I baked mine at 350 F for about 14-15 min. in regular cupcake tins not custard cups like the recipe calls for, and I got about 18 cupcakes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softend
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso or 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- coffee creamer
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- fudge sauce
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (1 ounce each)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 6 and gradually add sugar, beating about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Turn to speed 4 and add eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Stop and scrape bowl. Dissolve instant espresso in milk. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Turn to stir speed and add a third of the flour mixture alternately with half of the milk mixture, mixing 15 seconds after each addition.
- Spoon batter into 8 greased and floured custard cups. Place cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Remove from custard cups and cool on wire rack.
- Coffee Cream, Combine cream, sugar, and espresso in mixer bowl. Attach wire whip to mixer. Turn to speed 8 and whip cream until stiff.
- Fudge Sauce, Place chocolate, cream, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted an mixture is combined.