Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Modified this recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/Cappuccino-Fudge-Cheesecake-111596 to be GF. Came out absolutely delicious. Makes a fairly large Cheesecake that is super rich. Don't be cheap with this recipe, it's going to be costly. Be sure to carefully read through the directions before you start! Cooking time does not include chill time.
- 1 (5 ounce) packagepamela's wheat free dark chocolate chunk cookies
- 4 ounces kinnikinnick ktoos chocolate cream cookies (half of package, Oreos)
- 6 ounces ghirardelli intense dark espresso escape 60% cocoa, coarsely chopped (or 6oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 20 ounces bittersweet chocolate (or semisweet)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (coffee flavored liquor)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour (gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (more to taste) or 2 tablespoons instant coffee (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons ground whole espresso beans (or coffee beans)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons light molasses
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- starbucks milk chocolate-covered espresso beans, for garnish
- Finely grind cookies, chocolate, brown sugar, nutmeg in food processor.
- Add butter and continue to process until crumbs begin to stick together, about 1 minute. Scrape bowl sides occasionally.
- Transfer crumbs to 10 inch diameter springform pan with 3 inch high sides.
- Wrap fingers with plastic and press crumb mixture firmly up sides to within 1/2" of top, then over bottom of pan.
- Bring whipping cream to simmer in large saucepan.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate and Kahlua.
- Whisk until chocolate is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour 3 cups ganahce over bottom of crust. Reserve enough to pipe decoration on top of cake (about 1 cup, at most).
- Chill until ganache is firm, about 30-45 minutes.
- For Filling:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Beat in flour.
- Stir rum, espresso powder, ground coffee, vanilla and molasses in small bowl until instant powder is dissolved. Beat into cream cheese mixture.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, occasionally scraping sides of bowl.
- Pour filling over cold ganache in crust.
- Place cheesecake on rimmed baking sheet (important, butter drips out).
- Bake until top is brown, puffed, and cracked at edges and center 2 edges moves only slightly when pan is jiggled, about 1 hour 5 minutes. NOTE: cooking time will vary, I had to bake mine for about 1 hour 30 minutes to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer cheesecake to rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the topping.
- Whisk sour cream, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl to blend.
- Pour topping over hot cheesecake, spreading to cover completely and cover cracks.
- Bake for roughly 10 more minutes, until topping is set. Do not allow to brown.
- Transfer cheesecake back to rack and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until cool.
- Run small, sharp knife around edges of cheesecake to loose, release side pan.
- Transfer cheesecake to platter.
- Fill pastry bag with reserved ganache fitting with star top. If ganache is too runny, chill until it is handleable. If ganache is too hard, heat until pipeable.
- Pipe diagonal lines atop cheesecake, about 3/4" apart.
- Repeat in opposite direction, making a grid.
- Pipe rosettes of ganache around top edge of cake.
- Garnish with chocolate covered coffee beans, holding in place with small dollop of ganache.
- Chill until firm, at least 6 hours.
WOWSY! Awesome and dangerous! every bite was pure pleasure!