1/6 Photos of Cappuccino-Fudge Cheesecake
3 hrs 6 mins
1 hr 6 mins
From Feb. 2002 Bon Appetit. I've made this recipe several times and it is so decadent! Definately worth the time it takes. Each time I make it, though it seems to go much quicker. Don't skimp on the ingredients. I once had to toss the whole thing because I used low fat and generic brand ingredients. They have a higher water content that this recipe cannot handle. Make this one day ahead for best flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) box chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 7 tablespoons hot melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 20 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) or 20 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup Kahlua or 1/4 cup other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder or 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons ground whole espresso beans (medium-coarse grind)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons mild-flavored light molasses
- 4 large eggs
- 1For crust:.
- 2Finely grind cookies, chopped chocolate, brown sugar, and nutmeg in processor.
- 3Add butter and process until crumbs begin to stick together, scraping down bowl occasionally, about 1 minute.
- 4Transfer crumbs to 10-inch-diameter springform pan with 3-inch-high sides.
- 5Wrap plastic wrap around fingers and press crumb mixture firmly up sides to within 1/2 inch of top edge, then over bottom of pan.
- 6For ganache:.
- 7Bring whipping cream to simmer in large saucepan.
- 8Remove from heat; add chocolate and Kahlúa.
- 9Whisk until chocolate is melted and ganache is smooth.
- 10Pour 2 cups ganache over bottom of crust.
- 11Freeze until ganache layer is firm, about 30 minutes.
- 12Reserve remaining ganache; cover and let stand at room temperature to use later for creating lattice pattern.
- 13For filling.
- 14Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350°F Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- 15Beat in flour.
- 16Stir rum, espresso powder, ground coffee, vanilla, and molasses in small bowl until instant coffee dissolves; beat into cream cheese mixture.
- 17Beat in eggs 1 at a time, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
- 18Pour filling over cold ganache in crust.
- 19Place cheesecake on rimmed baking sheet.
- 20Bake until top is brown, puffed and cracked at edges, and center 2 inches moves only slightly when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour 5 minutes.
- 21Transfer cheesecake to rack.
- 22Cool 15 minutes while preparing topping (top of cheesecake will fall slightly).
- 23Maintain oven temperature.
- 24For topping:.
- 25Whisk sour cream, sugar, and vanilla in medium bowl to blend.
- 26Pour topping over hot cheesecake, spreading to cover filling completely.
- 27Bake until topping is set, about 10 minutes.
- 28Transfer cheesecake to rack.
- 29Refrigerate hot cheesecake on rack until cool, about 3 hours.
- 30Run small sharp knife between crust and pan sides to loosen cake; release pan sides.
- 31Transfer cheesecake to platter.
- 32Spoon reserved ganache into pastry bag fitted with small star tip.
- 33Pipe 6 diagonal lines atop cheesecake, spacing 1 inch apart.
- 34Repeat in opposite direction, making lattice.
- 35Pipe rosettes of ganache around top edge of cake.
- 36Garnish with coffee beans, if desired.
- 37Chill until lattice is firm, at least 6 hours.
- 38(Can be made 4 days ahead. Wrap loosely in foil, forming dome over lattice; keep chilled.).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino-Fudge Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.3
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 32.9 g
- Cholesterol 225.3 mg
- Sodium 402.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: