Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great light frosting, good on almost any cake!
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 cup hot water, plus
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- In a large bowl, combine shortening and vanilla.
- Blend in half of the confectioner's sugar.
- Blend in 2 Tblsp milk.
- Repeat with remaining confectioners sugar and 2 Tblsp milk.
- Mix in approximately half of the cocoa.
- Dissolve 1 Tblsp instant coffee into 1 cup of hot water.
- While still warm, pour two tablespoons of the coffee into the frosting mixture.
- Mix in remaining cocoa. Add coffee mixture, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Fill and frost cake.