Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Southern Living Magazine, December 2006.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
Cappuccino Buttercream Frosting
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope instant mocha-flavored coffee powder (cappuccino mix)
- 1⁄4 cup hot milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute and then every 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating with a spoon just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in flour and vanilla; stir in chocolate morsels.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cappuccino Buttercream Frosting:.
- Dissolve instant mocha cappuccino mix in hot milk in a small cup, stirring to combine; cool completely (about 10 minutes).
- Pour milk mixture into a mixing bowl; add softened butter, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread Cappuccino Buttercream Frosting evenly over top of cooled brownies.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Cut into squares.
- Cover and chill, if desired.
- **Cook time does not include cooling of brownies OR frosting.