Recipe by s'kat
These little treats taste like they came straight from a gourmet bakery!
Top Review by TMF
Very good and easy to mix up. I put the melted chocolate in a piping bag with a writing tip and zig-zagged across the cookies, instead of dipping. Then I melted white chocolate and drizzled that too. It made a nice pattern that looked great on my cookie plates.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 egg
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, and sugars.
- Dissolve coffee in warm water; add to creamed mixture with egg and melted chocolate.
- Mix well.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture (dough will be sticky).
- Shape into two 6-1/2-inch rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 F.
- for 10-12 minutes or until firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Dip each cookie halfway; shake off excess.
- Place on waxed paper to harden.