Great to have on hand--I feel safe when I know ther's a jar of these in my kitchen when I get an attack of the "midnight hungries!"
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves (I usually leave these out)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips (or you can use cappuccino chips(from the King Arthur Catalogue)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Dissolve the coffee powder in the boiling water; set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the eggs, coffee mixture, and vanilla; blend well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; gradually add to the creamed mixture with the mixer on low speed, beating just until combined.
- Stir in both chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping Tbsp 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Let cookies stand on the sheets for 1 minute before transfering them to wire racks to cool completely.