Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this on bakespace.com I'm not sure where I can find coffee extract or vanilla paste. I don't recall ever seeing them at my local market. Hmm...
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coffee extract
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- cinnamon, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix flour, powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy in mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add coffee extract.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and half and half, beating till smooth.
- Pour into prepared tins and bake 25 minutes or till tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Frost with cream cheese-mascarpone frosting and dust with cinnamon.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and mascarpone cheese together until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla paste and the sugar incrementally, until fully incorporated.
This is a good recipe. The cakes are a little dry more like coffee cake. I used the scraped inside of one vanilla bean for the vanilla paste in the frosting and two tbsp of brewed espresso for the coffee extract. i liked the frosting even more than the muffins.