Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Coffee and vanilla frosting crown cinnamon spiced cappuccino cupcakes. Taken from a magazine, and if you like your coffee in the morning, then give these a try. :)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup prepared vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups (standard size).
- In bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar about 2 minutes until light colored and smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- On low speed, add flour mixture, alternating with brewed coffee.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup each.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, or firm to the touch.
- Let cupcakes cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes, and then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- While cooling cupcakes, in a small bowl combine instant coffee, vanilla and 1 tsp of warm water.
- Stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla frosting until blended and no streaks remain.
- Frost cupcakes.