Recipe by Marcasite Queen
I believe this recipe was part of a wedding favor - perhaps it was served as dessert? Anyway, it sounds yummy, so I'm posting it so I can have the recipe at hand and try it soon!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Arrange 6 3/4 cup ramekins in a 13X9X2 inch metal baking pan.
- Combine cream, sugar and espresso powder in a heavy saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Whisk yolks, cinnamon, and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in cream mixture, then vanilla.
- Divide custard among ramekins.
- Pour enough hot water into pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake until custards are softly set, about 30 minutes. Remove custards from water.
- Chill until cold (at least 3 hours). Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange custards on baking sheet.
- Press 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar through strainer onto each custard.
- Broil custards until sugar bubbles and carmelizes, about 2 minutes.
- Chill custards until topping hardens, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. serve cold.