Marcasite Queen's Note:
I believe this recipe was part of a wedding favor - perhaps it was served as dessert? Anyway, it sounds yummy, so I'm posting it so I can have the recipe at hand and try it soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Arrange 6 3/4 cup ramekins in a 13X9X2 inch metal baking pan.
- 3Combine cream, sugar and espresso powder in a heavy saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- 4Whisk yolks, cinnamon, and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- 5Gradually whisk in cream mixture, then vanilla.
- 6Divide custard among ramekins.
- 7Pour enough hot water into pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- 8Bake until custards are softly set, about 30 minutes. Remove custards from water.
- 9Chill until cold (at least 3 hours). Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.
- 10Preheat broiler.
- 11Arrange custards on baking sheet.
- 12Press 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar through strainer onto each custard.
- 13Broil custards until sugar bubbles and carmelizes, about 2 minutes.
- 14Chill custards until topping hardens, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. serve cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.5
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 283.5 mg
- Sodium 40.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g