Recipe by Abby Girl
There are millions of creme brulees recipes out there! If you love cappuccino, you will love this one!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons golden brown sugar (packed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Arrange six 3/4-cup ramekins in 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- Combine cream, sugar, and espresso powder in heavy saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Whisk yolks, cinnamon, and nutmeg in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in cream mixture, then vanilla. Divide custard among ramekins. Pour enough hot water into pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins. 30.
- Bake until custards are softly set, about 30 minutes. Remove custards from water. Chill until cold, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Preheat broiler. Arrange custards on baking sheet. Press 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar through strainer onto each custard. Broil custards until sugar bubbles and caramelizes, about 2 minutes.
- Chill custards until topping hardens, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Serve cold.