Recipe by justcallmetoni
Even as a child coffee was one of my favorite flavors in a dessert. Came across this recipe in one of the magazines you pick up at the supermarket. Posting here for safe keeping. According to the publication, these are 240 cal/0g fib/2g fat or 5 points. Cooking time stated is really chilling time.
Top Review by Redsie
These were delicious parfaits!!! Used real rum and some butterscotch pudding I had. They turned out perfect for a hot Summer night!! I only made two (as I had big dishes) and had no problem eating the whole thing!!! :) Thanks Toni!
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup strong coffee, cooled or cold
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping (a la CoolWhip Free)
- 8 -10 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed about 3/4 cup total
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract (optional) or 1⁄4 teaspoon brandy extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the cookies using a mini chopper or by rolling a pin over the cookies. If you do the later, save cleanup time by putting the cookies in a plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl combine the pudding, milk and coffee. (Add the extract if using.) Whisk together to make sure their are no lumps and the ingredients are well mixed. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Take 1/2 the cream and place it in the bottom of four parfait glasses. Sprinkle cookie crumbs over top, reserving a tablespoon or so for garnish.
- Divide the remaining cappuccino cream on top of the cookie crumbs and chill at least 3 hours and until you are ready to serve.
- To serve, place a small dollop of topping on the parfait, garnish with a light sprinkling of cookie crumbs.