Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
YUMMY. I was searching for interesting (and pretty) things to include on my cookie tray this year. Found this at the Kraft Foods website.
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 5 eggs, divided
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave-safe bowl on high for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in 2 cups of the sugar.
- Add 4 of the 5 eggs, coffee granules and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups of the flour.
- Spread into greased and foil-lined 13x9 baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, remaining egg, 2 T. flour and cinnamon in same bowl until well blended.
- Spoon over brownie batter, swirl with knife to marbleize.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with fudgy crumbs.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Cool in pan, cut into squares.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
These are absolutely sinful and everyone gobbled them up. Never thought of putting instant coffee in brownies but it is a great addition. I highly recommend these brownies.
Very rich, but just the right amount of coffee flavor. Very easy to cut. I will definitely make again.
Just made these tonight and they are OUTSTANDING! Very easy to make too.