Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Cooking Cookbooks
- 1⁄2 cup italian instant cappuccino mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 17 1⁄2 ounces betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine cappuccino mix and cream cheese.
- Use an electric mixer to beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add egg and almond extract; beat until creamy.
- Stir in sugar cookie mix, ground almonds and flour to form dough.
- Divide dough in half and roll into two 2-inch diameter logs.
- Wrap cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Note: Dough will keep wrapped in plastic in refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Slice dough into 1/4 inch thick wafers.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and lightly press a sliced almond into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack prior to serving.