Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
These turned out really pretty, not quite what I was expecting as far as taste, but I had to add more flour since the dough was super soft so that may have been why they tasted a little muted. The flavor and texture was more like mini scones than a cookie to me, and I'm looking forward to serving them with coffee. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 11 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons instant cappuccino mix or 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate baking square, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Combine the milk, vanilla, and coffee (dissolved in the i tablespoons water). Mix into the butter mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Drop mixture by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar and grated chocolate.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes until bottom is golden. Remove immediately to a rack to cool.