Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Enjoy these great cookies!!
Make and share this Cappuccino Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chocolate sprinkles (optional) or melted semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional) or white chocolate chips (optional)
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add brown sugar; beat until well blended.
- Heat milk in small saucepan over low heat; add coffee granules, stirring to dissolve.
- Add milk mixture, eggs, rum extract and vanilla to butter mixture. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed after each addition until blended.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, about 2 inches in diameter and 8 inches long (dough will be soft; sprinkle lightly with flour if too sticky to handle).
- Roll logs in chocolate sprinkles, coating evenly, or leave rolls plain and dip in chocolate after baking. Wrap each log in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease cookie sheets.
- Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Dip plain cookies in melted semisweet or white chocolate.