Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious, moist cake, great to serve on a afternoon with coffee. I always bake with the original Bisquick, so I can't promise good results using a clone!
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a square 8x8x2-in baking pan.
- Mix coconut, nuts, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbsp melted butter; set aside.
- Beat remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and coffee, in a large bowl for 30 seconds, scraping bowl.
- Beat on med speed 4 mins, scaping bowl.
- Pour into pan.
- Stir together, melted chocolate and coffee; spoon over batter.
- Lightly swirl chocolate mixture through batter several times with a knife for a marbled design.
- Sprinkle coconut mixture evenly over top.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown, and cake tests done.
Not for me. Pretty dry..it was only good where the chocolate was swirled.
Kit - another huge winner in my cookbooks! I served this to members of our adult Bible class and it went over famously! I used the Heart Healthy Bisquick Mix and 1% Milk but those were the only changes! Nice coffee cake that is not heavy nor overly sweet - just a perfect blend of flavors with the butter, coffee and chocolate chips! Thanks dear friend for sharing yet another HIT with me in 123 Hits tag game!
This was very good! I used macadamia nuts and put cinnamon on top. The next time I will double the coffee/chocolate mixture.