1/1 Photo of Cappuccino Chocolate Chunk Muffins.
Fili Eve's Note:
I bake muffins daily for my partner to snack on mid morning. If you're a lover of a good Cappuccino, you really want to try these. Moist, fluffy, and loaded with great flavour, really, they're too good not to try! If you're out of sour cream just use milk, if you've only got instant coffee to hand, no worries use that, either way these are super tasty. (Incidentally, I often halve this recipe with equally good results).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml caster sugar
- 118.29 ml demerara sugar
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml instant espresso powder (I use Percol)
- 4.92 ml cocoa powder
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 177.44 ml milk
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml butter (melted)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 100 g semisweet chocolate (min 60% cocoa solids, chopped)
- 14.79 ml demerara sugar
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- 2In a small dish mix 1 tablespoon brown sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. (This is to sprinkle over muffin tops prior to baking).
- 3Chop chocolate into small chunks and set aside.
- 4Bring milk, egg and sour cream to room temperature.
- 5Melt butter in a medium sized bowl (I give it a blast in the microwave) and set aside to cool a little.
- 6Into a large mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Whisk together, add sugars and whisk together again. Make a well in the centre and set aside.
- 7In a measuring jug combine milk and sour cream, mix in espresso powder then vanilla extract. Whisk in egg and finally melted butter.
- 8Pour into flour etc and mix with a gentle hand until batter is lumpy.
- 9Finally fold in chocolate chunks.
- 10Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 11Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Chocolate Chunk Muffins.
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 260.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g