Recipe by Redsie
Coffee in muffins... with a cup of coffee maybe??!! :) These light muffins are great as a late-morning snack. A R. Reisman recipe.
Top Review by Chicopee
Deeeeeelish. What we have here is the case of the disappearing muffins. Oh,these were so good. And to make them "lighter" I used apple juice in place of the oil. I will try adding the wet ingred. to the dry next time. My batter was quite lumpy.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable spray.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in hot water.
- In a large bowl and using a whisk, combine dissolved coffee, milk, oil, egg, vanilla and sugar.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, chocolate chips and baking powder.
- With a wooden spoon, stir the mixture into the coffee mixture just until everything is combined.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out dry.