Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite "grown-up" muffins with so many possibilities!!!! I have experimented with the flavored instant coffees (french vanilla is AWESOME!!), and I have also made these muffins using white chocolate chips. I sometimes just whip up a batch of the spread to eat on toast or bagels. SOOOO YUMMY!!!!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In food processor, combine spread ingredients; process until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.
- Add butter, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutex before removing muffins to wire rack.
- Serve with spread for topping.