Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy chocolatey, cinnamony and coffee flavored cookies! A favorite of mine from Completely Cookies. Prep time includes an hour for chilling dough.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup choopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until combined.
- Stir in the egg.
- In a small bowl mix espresso powder and vanilla until dissolved.
- Stir espresso mixture into butter mixture until combined.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until blended then stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls (each cookie should be about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough) onto baking sheets.
- Leave about 2" between rounds.
- Bake for 9-14 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned on bottoms.
- Cool on baking sheet a few minutes then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
Absolutely delicious cookies!! I doubled the recipe and ended up with 2 1/2 doz large cookies. I also substituted white chocolate chips for the walnuts. Thanks for sharing a great recipe ReeLani.
These delicious cookies are decadently loaded with mini chips and really do taste like cappuccino ~ Yum! I used regular instant coffee powder from the cupboard and was happy with the results. Thanks RéeLani for sharing a great keeper recipe!