Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My teenaged daughter loves these cookies! Cappuccino chips available from King Arthur Flour Catalog.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cappuccino chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients into large mixing bowl, thoroughly blend mixture with hands.
- Add butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix until all is blended.
- Shape into walnut size balls and place 2" apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove to racks to finish cooling.
Yummmmm. These were great. We finally found the chips at our Trader Joes.
You can also get cappucino chips at Trader Joes (FYI). I got them, now I know what I can do with them! Thanks - I'll let you know how they turn out.