Recipe by Friday's pal
There's no better way to cool off on a hot summer's day than with a cool drink! This recipe was in this past Sunday's coupon section of the Asbury Park Press. The recipe was provided by Equal sweetener. I modified it to suit my tastes. It tastes great!!
Top Review by Outta Here
This is MUCH better than those "BIGBUCKS" bottled drinks, and I like the fact that I control the sweetness. I used Splenda instead of Equal, and used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa for a richer flavor. I also used an expresso powder for the instant coffee. Very rich and satisfying! Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
- 118.29 ml cocoa
- 118.29 ml instant coffee granules (I used decaf)
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml Equal sugar substitute
- 1419.54 ml nonfat milk
- 118.29 ml liquid coffee creamer
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisk constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sweetener.
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk in milk and creamer.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- Serve over ice.
- Cook time is chill time.