Recipe by Rhonda *J*
I love a good cheesecake and am always collecting recipes for them, so i have many to try, this is one of them. Got this from a Readers Digest Magazine.
Top Review by Get Smart
Wow was this good!! I had tons of company over the weekend and wanted to treat them with something special, this cake certainly falls into the category of something special. I made one slight change, I didn't have any coffee liqueur in the house so I used choc. liqueur instead. Thanks Rhonda
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate wafers (oreo baking crumbs) or 1 1⁄3 cups graham crackers, if you prefer
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons coffee liqueur or 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- whipped cream
- chocolate-covered coffee beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Combine all ingredients and press onto bottom and halfway up sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Filling: Beat together cream cheese,sugars, flour,& liqueur until smooth.
- Add eggs, beating on low speed just until blended.
- Combine milk and instant coffee, stirring until dissolved;stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 and continue baking for 45-55 minutes Remove from oven and run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake and prevent cracking.
- Cool thoroughly at room temp.
- Chill hours or overnight.
- *Dollopsof whipped cream, sprinkled cinnamon and chocolate coffee beans if desired make an attractive garnish for this cheesecake (Decorate entire cake before serving or you could garnish each slice as desired.).