Prep 7 hrs
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
My sister loves cappuccino cheesecake. I baked this for her birthday, and she was one happy camper! Prep time includes chill time.
- 8 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 73.94 ml melted unsalted butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 19.71 ml instant espresso powder or 19.71 ml instant coffee powder
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 4 (907.18 g) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate, shaved into curls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix crackers, butter and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl; press onto bottom (not sides) of a 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch high sides.
- Bake crust 10 minutes.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Combine cream, espresso powder or coffee and vanilla in small bowl; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar, then eggs 1 at a time.
- Beat in flour.
- Stir espresso mixture until power dissolves, beat into cream cheese mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter over crust.
- Bake cake until edges are puffed and beginning to crack and center is just set, about 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 30 minutes; chill, uncovered for 6 hours.
- Cut around cake to loosen.
- Release pan sides.
- Top with chocolate curls, if desired.
This is a great recipe. The flavor is out of this world with a creamy consistency and I have to say better than any store bought cheese cake. I leave out the chocolate chips, because they have a tendency to sink to the bottom. (maybe coating with flour would keep this from happening). I'm making this again today with a shortbread crust because I don't have any graham crackers on hand. It's a wonderful and decadent treat that I MUST spoil myself with from time to time. Tip: Don't over mix this or it will crack and bake until the very center is still just a tiny bit jiggly.
Great! I subbed 2 of the tsp of coffee for 2 tsp cocoa so it was more of a mocha cheesecake and I skipped out on the chocolate chips. I'll be making it again!
I made this a few wks ago following instructions to the t. It was my first cheesecake ever. The flavor & texture was great, but it was not pretty (had alot of craters). I topped it with fresh strawberries & I made a sauce with preserves & cornstarch. The topping complimented it. I am baking this again tonight with a few alterations: i used fat free cream cheese, added cocoa to coffee & cream, and put eggs last. I also baked it in a "bath" and lowered baking temp to 325 to see if i can reduce cracking- so far it looks better-we'll see how it turns out...