Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Yum...a delicious mixture of coffee and caramels in one scrumptious treat! Can't remember where I got this recipe - from somewhere online.
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil; butter foil, and set pan aside.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches firm ball stage or candy thermometer register 248*F (120*C), about 15 to 17 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack at least 5 hours.
- Cut into squares using a butter knife.
- Wrap each caramel piece in plastic wrap.