Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Yum...a delicious mixture of coffee and caramels in one scrumptious treat! Can't remember where I got this recipe - from somewhere online.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil; butter foil, and set pan aside.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches firm ball stage or candy thermometer register 248*F (120*C), about 15 to 17 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack at least 5 hours.
- Cut into squares using a butter knife.
- Wrap each caramel piece in plastic wrap.