Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe from BBC Good Food is moist and delicious, perfect for afternoon coffee or a special occasion dessert.
- 250 g butter, at room temperature
- 280 g self-raising flour
- 250 g golden caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 150 ml plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 100 ml strong coffee
- 140 g icing sugar
- 350 g cream cheese
- chocolate-covered coffee beans, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- To make the cake batter, beat the butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, cocoa and half the coffee in a large bowl with an electric whisk until lump-free.
- Spoon into the baking pan, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden and risen and a skewer poked in comes out clean.
- Drizzle with some of the remaining coffee.
- Cool in the pan while you stir the icing sugar into the cream cheese.
- Spread over the cooled cake, dust with a little cocoa and scatter with the coffee beans.