Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
For coffee and chocolate lovers. Has a coffee flavored topping and chocolate icing that makes them extra yummy. From Better Homes and Gardens
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt the 1/2 cup butter and unsweetened chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Stir in granulated sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- For topping:.
- Dissolve coffee crystals in 1 tablespoon of whipping cream.
- Beat together powdered sugar and the 2 tablespoons of butter in a small mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add whipping cream and coffee mixture and beat until creamy. If necessary, ad a little additional whipping cream until mixture is spreading consistency.
- Spread over the warm brownies.
- Chill about 1 hour or until topping is set.
- For Chocolate Frosting:.
- Combine 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/3 cup whipping cream in a small pan.
- Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture begins to thicken.
- Carefully spread over brownies.