1 hr 30 mins
For coffee and chocolate lovers. Has a coffee flavored topping and chocolate icing that makes them extra yummy. From Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- 2Melt the 1/2 cup butter and unsweetened chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- 3Stir in granulated sugar.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- 5Stir in vanilla.
- 6Stir together flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- 7Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and stir just until combined.
- 8Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 9For topping:.
- 10Dissolve coffee crystals in 1 tablespoon of whipping cream.
- 11Beat together powdered sugar and the 2 tablespoons of butter in a small mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- 12Add whipping cream and coffee mixture and beat until creamy. If necessary, ad a little additional whipping cream until mixture is spreading consistency.
- 13Spread over the warm brownies.
- 14Chill about 1 hour or until topping is set.
- 15For Chocolate Frosting:.
- 16Combine 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/3 cup whipping cream in a small pan.
- 17Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture begins to thicken.
- 18Carefully spread over brownies.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 84.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g